6.06.2012

Reverse Stamping Design

Hey guys!

It's been a busy couple days packing You Mix orders and balancing a 1 1/2 year old! I tried to post this yesterday, but never got around to it. So I'm posting it now! :P

Dustin and I collaborated on this idea. I knew I wanted to use a reverse stamp (a design where most of what you stamp shows up rather than what you painted on the nail first). Then I thought it would look cool with  multicolors popping out, so Dustin randomly painted China Glaze Aquadelic, China Glaze Sweet Hook and Color Club Bubble Gum (this one is scented and I loved it!) and then stamped a reverse stamp from one of the XXL plates You Mix used to carry in black.



The end result is pretty awesome! 

Have any of you tried this technique before?
Pin It
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I'm confused on how you did this!? Looks pretty friggin awesome though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I've only done it a few times, never sure on what to use as my base to pop through the design and I end up just picking a stamp design that doesn't cover as much instead. I love how this came out though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great idea and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this, but it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. U know, this is the first time I have seen it and it looks awesome, now I will have to google this;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the multi-colored flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fantastic! Great idea for a design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tried the technique but I love how it turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Man, I keep learning new stuff everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! Can you do a tutorial on reverse stamping. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors and the idea...very cool concept!

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com